Built in 2012 our home is a large, one level dwelling with two purpose built B&B rooms on the eastern side. The house incorporates many eco features, which are:
- Passive solar, thermally and energy efficient design
- Thermally broken throughout the building envelope
- Hybrid systems which includes power and water automated management
- Solar panels for hot water and power
- Non toxic building materials
- Recycled Blue Gum wallboards
- Uprated natural wool insulation
- Low VOC paint and finishes
- Energy efficient lighting and appliances
- Recycled plastic bottle carpet in bedrooms
- Pellet fire and panel heaters for heating when required
Guests have their own parking area and entrance allowing for autonomy when needed. There are a number of seating areas outside for relaxing and taking in the stunning views. Our spa is great to sit in at night where you can gaze at the twinkling night sky or the lights of Nelson.
Our home is full of beautiful art work in many mediums, a lot of which has been bought in the ‘top of the south’. We have a number of beautiful books on New Zealand, which are lovely to sit and relax with and we have a number of board games to have fun with.
Our garden is a large developing one. At the front of the house there is a beautiful border garden broken by an outdoor seating and fire area. In different areas around the house there are natives, fruit trees, raised vegetable and herb gardens and a camellia hedge. The gully part of the section contains mostly native shrubs, trees and grasses.
Redvale Ridge Bed and Breakfast has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms featuring pure luxury throughout.