Daintree BAKU BEACHOUSE (Baku is the local indigenous `Kuku -Yalanji bama' name for Cape Kimberley)
Visit beautiful Cape Kimberley Beach in the Daintree National Park and enjoy this self contained studio style cottage, situated within grounds and alongside the only ABSOLUTE BEACHFRONT residence on this unspoilt tropical beach. Sleep to the sound of the Coral Sea and cool in her soft tropical breeze. Relax in your private plunge pool and cabana, a perfect Daintree Getaway.
Experience environmentally sustainable living with a state of the art solar power system and fresh rainwater. Discover exotic fruits and flowers in season, solitude and the most amazing tropical sea views.
The cottage overlooks uninhabited coral fringed Snapper Island. and beyond to Port Douglas and Cairns.
Nestled in a 3 acre haven of tropical gardens and surrounded by Daintree Wet Tropics World Heritage Rainforest and The Great Barrier Reef Marine Park, the position is exclusive and unique many days there are no other people on the beach.
Kimberley Beach extends from a beautiful rainforest clad rocky headland 4 kilometres to the famous Daintree River.
We do request a minimum 5 night stay.
- FISHING:Local waters are Coral Trout and Spanish Mackeral and (seasonal) barramundi fishing grounds.
- SWIMMING:in the Coral sea, right at your doorstep or in one of the many refreshing waterholes in the rainforst.
- COOL OFF:Private plunge pool deep and refreshing with cabana and timber decks nestled high in the gardens with views to the ocean.
- SNORKELING:We invite you to use our kayaks and paddle to beautiful, uninhabited, offshore Snapper Island (2ks) for a coral garden snorkelling adventure with deserted beaches to fossick, far ... far away from the tourist trail.
- WALKING:The Daintree Rainforest offers world class rainforest walks, unique flora and fauna and refreshing swimming holes.
- NOT SO FAR:Driving in; we are 5 kms north of the Daintree Ferry and another 5kms east toward the coast, (total 15 mins north of Daintree Ferry Crossing) and one and three quarter hours drive from Cairns International Airport.
ABSOLUTE BEACHFRONT GETAWAY, described by guests as `just like being on your own Island'.
Spacious bright and airy studio style fully insect screened cottage, set in exotic tropical gardens.
Indoor and all weather outdoor dining settings, king size bed featuring fine cotton sheeting, full kitchen, comfortable living area with Digital TV reception, DVD player and mp3 dock speaker system and complimentry wi fi Internet.
Lovely timber bbq deck overlooking the lawn and beach with relaxing furniture.
Deep and clear plunge pool and cabana set in the garden under a canopy of giant melaleuca tree.
All linen, towels, bathrobes and premium toiletries supplied.
Pick your own veggies and herbs in season.
Your hosts in residence Peter and Sha Hughes have lived at Baku for a number of years and have good local knowledge of things to do and see, they will do as much or as little as you like in order to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.
Supermarket at Cow bay (20 min drive) cafe cinema at Cape Tribulation.
Reef trips available from Cape Tribulation (35 mins) and from Port Douglas (45 mins).
Restaurants nearby at Cow Bay and Cape Tribulation.
Daintree Baku Beach House has 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom featuring pure luxury throughout.